The 2nd issue is coming soon so lets take a look back at the previous Athlete of the Quarter, Nate Medina!
1. What is your go-to snack when trying to curb your hanger? My go to-snack is a peanut butter and banana sand-which.
2. What made you want to start CrossFit? I wanted to dedicate myself to my health, both physically and mentally.
3. Who do you consider to be your accountability partner and how do they keep you on track? Everybody in the gym is my accountability partner. We all push and motivate each other to get better everyday. I also love the friendly competition.
4. If you were stranded on island and could bring only one item (doesn't have to be CrossFit related), what would it be? I would bring a volleyball and I will name him Wilson.
5. If you could only do one CrossFit movement or workout while stranded on said island (above), what would that be? If I could only do one movement it would be squat snatch, squat snatch is my favorite/worst movement in crossfit.
6. What do you do for fun outside of CrossFit? I enjoy physical activities even outside the gym. I also enjoy spending time with family and friends.
7. You were named athlete of the quarter; do you feel like you changed physically or mentally in your training in the last 3 months? I’ve noticed that I have changed tremendously both physically and mentally. I feel that I am getting stronger but I’m also noticing that I’m pushing my body to keep going even when things get tough.
Back Squat 385lbs
Push Press 205lbs